Sunday, February 17, 2008

Barack Obama: Presidency Now American Idol?

From a couple of the comments I just received, I can see where this is headed concerning wanting the root research I used for my post about Sen. Barack Obama's ethnic composition.

I am going to share with you what I just wrote to another correspondent, and I'm putting it out here as a post so no one can say they didn't see it because it was done as a reply to the comments about the Obama article.

I feel what follows is as straight-forward as I can be about this; if anyone disagrees, post a $US1-million indemnification bond for me to use when I get sued for going beyond my rights under standard research contracting agreements by giving away proprietary information that isn't mine to give away.

Here is what I wrote:

"Please convey to her I'm not in a position to take on the deep pockets of News Corp.

"I have to reveal what I can in a manner that keeps me out of court. That is why I stated in the letter to Mr. Richard Cohen of the Washington Post that it was initiated by a News Corp. property - please convey I'm not in a position to have my professional reputation trashed for violating contractual agreements on use.

"I've written the article as I have to keep myself out of that litigation.

"My goal in this is to provoke other information enterprises to launch their own research guided by the map I laid out in the article. I told everyone where to go look for the records - the Kenyan government! I've spelled out to everybody where to find the correct filing cabinet - now I hope someone will open the drawer on their own and report what they find. That is why I articulated my offer to Mr. Cohen as an academic endeavor when I discussed having the Washington Post's researchers "document my documentation." Can anyone spell it out any more clearly?

"I feel she will understand my situation, and appreciate that I have done everything but file a summons against myself in taking this as far as I have in this article. I'm not in any position to get papers telling me to appear before some Court of Civil Record in New York City."

Now then, that's the situation I'm in.

I am well-aware of this as an issue - I stated this is "radioactive," and a political "nuclear bomb." I land research assignments from the people I listed because I fully appreciate those concepts in the research I render.

So here is where it is: I've drawn the map - to the detail I feel comfortable is going to keep me out of court. Beyond that, it is up to people way up the food chain from me to assign their resources, put them on a plane to Kenya, dig up what they need in the capital, then contract for service to the tribal homeland in western Kenya along Lake Victoria, and then report what they find.

What I've written below is as far as I can take it under the present circumstances.

If that doesn't satisfy you, then there is nothing I can do for you. I'm not going to be stampeded, or intimidated, into throwing away my professional and financial life over Sen. Barack Obama's very well-documented proclivity to lie without conscience. Read the Chicago Tribune's hyperlink below, and that alone should give you more than enough reason to doubt anything else he says about himself, his life - and his ethnic composition.

But toss in the hyperlinks to Mr. Cohen's columns, and the work of Post factchecker Michael Dobbs if you really want it beat into your brain.

When the candidate's hometown paper publishes an article with 40 interviews, all saying that the candidate lied, and the WashPost's most open-minded columnist brings it up, then brings it up again when his paper's factchecker gets blown off by the Obama campaign manager, then what I'm writing is icing on the cake. I'm certainly not the first - and most certainly will not be the last - to document the reality of Mr. Obama's pathological lying.

Let me put it this way: The only reason Mr. Obama doesn't have a longer track record of lying about his life is because he has only been in the US Senate for barely more than a year - so who cares about these things when he was in the Illinois State Senate?

Nobody cared about his veracity before now.

The Chicago Tribune's investigation into the lies in his autobiography started out as a puff piece about the hometown boy who made good. Nobody checked on the autobiography's contents before then; what started as a puff piece turned into a revelation of endless lies. Editors were shocked to find out how badly they, and the community, had been duped by the senator.

They entitled the piece, "The not-so-simple story of Barack Obama's youth." I pulled a couple of the top paragraphs to give you the feel of what the Tribune found:

"In his best-selling autobiography, "Dreams from My Father," Obama describes having heated conversations about racism with another black student, "Ray." The real Ray, Keith Kakugawa, is half black and half Japanese.

"In an interview with the Tribune on Saturday, Kakugawa said he always considered himself mixed race, like so many of his friends in Hawaii, and was not an angry young black man.

"He said he does recall long, soulful talks with the young Obama and that his friend confided his longing and loneliness. But those talks, Kakugawa said, were not about race.

"Not even close," he said, adding that Obama was dealing with "some inner turmoil" in those days."But it wasn't a race thing," he said. "Barry's biggest struggles then were missing his parents. His biggest struggles were his feelings of abandonment. The idea that his biggest struggle was race is [bull]."

"Then there's the copy of Life magazine that Obama presents as his racial awakening at age 9. In it, he wrote, was an article and two accompanying photographs of an African-American man physically and mentally scarred by his efforts to lighten his skin. In fact, the Life article and the photographs don't exist, say the magazine's own historians."

A few paragraphs later, the article returns to the Life magazine lie to expand upon it, and their findings. Please note that Mr. Obama retells this story "in remarkable detail." So he tells a story in remarkable detail, but the truth is that the issue of Life magazine he describes never existed.

Law enforcement officers will tell you that one of the first tell-tale signs that a suspect is lying is that they tell their story "in remarkable detail."

See this now for yourself in the case of Mr. Obama's so-called racial epiphany:

"Memories of a racial awakening?

"Obama has told the story--one of the watershed moments of his racial awareness--time and again, in remarkable detail.

"He is 9 years old, living in Indonesia, where he and his mother moved with her new husband, Lolo Satori, a few years earlier. One day while visiting his mother, who was working at the U.S. Embassy in Jakarta, Obama passed time by looking through several issues of Life magazine.

"He came across an article that he later would describe as feeling like an "ambush attack."

"The article included photos of a black man who had destroyed his skin with powerful chemical lighteners that promised to make him white. Instead, the chemicals had peeled off much of his skin, leaving him sad and scarred, Obama recalled.

"I imagine other black children, then and now, undergoing similar moments of revelation," Obama wrote of the magazine photos in "Dreams."

"Yet no such Life issue exists, according to historians at the magazine. No such photos, no such article. When asked about the discrepancy, Obama said in a recent interview, "It might have been an Ebony or it might have been ... who knows what it was?" (At the request of the Tribune, archivists at Ebony searched their catalogue of past articles, none of which matched what Obama recalled.)"

I think that by now everyone reading this post should be getting the idea.

Keep in mind Mr. Obama had only been sworn in as a US Senator 2 months earlier. Less than 14 days later, he declared himself a candidate running for president. That's not enough time to find out the truth about any politician, especially in this era of near bankrupt newsroom budgets.

And now, he has been a serious candidate for the Democratic nomination for - and think this through - for what; 8 weeks maybe?

We're going to turn the White House over to a guy we've only just met, and really began to care about doing serious research, for just about two months? Nobody took him seriously to beat Hills until the last 60 days. And with the depressed economy and budgets slashed everywhere, that means no news organizations at the first-tier put any research money into finding out the truth about him because nobody thought he would turn into an American Idol running for president.

I am not the only responsible researcher in America that is in complete shock to think that the presidency is totally devolved into an electoral version of American Idol.

This cultish passion for him reminds me of the bizarre trip when that skinny guy from India with the wierd long hair was being touted into a cult following to win that contest.

Do we really know any more about Barack Obama's mind, or the truth of his background, or the most important thing of all: the truth of his promises and policies - than we knew about the skinny guy's ability to sing?

No, we don't. Nobody has, until now, put any money into finding out because nobody realized just how intellectually shallow the American electorate has become. You could substitute pictures of 12-year old girls swooning for the Beatles on the Ed Sullivan Show and have exactly what you see today for Obama.

Yeah, it's gone downhill that far. I read just today stories about people fainting in his presence. The Beatles on Ed Sullivan; Barack Obama on the stump. You tell me the difference on the faces of the crowds in those pictures.

So that's what it's down to: the presidency of the United States is reduced to a spin-off of American Idol.

OK, so I sit here, knowing what I know, knowing this guy is a liar and self-hater from the get-go, obsessed with telling the world how black he is to repress the reality that he isn't black - and I'm confronted with the question: "How do I get it out there without getting sued - or worse - getting struck from the list of every client of mine out there for committing the cardinal sin of going from behind the researcher's curtain to being in front?"

They don't pay me to be out front. That's not what researchers for news organizations do. Researchers are never seen or heard. When have you ever seen a news organization's researchers put out in front?

Never.

But to know what I know - not just this, but so much else - what am I supposed to do? Am I supposed to just let American Idol get to put his finger on the button? Just let American Idol pay off the Chicago connections with senior level positions after he is elected when I know they are nothing but David Dukes in black skin?

For those who are open minded and understand my situation - "Thank you."

For those who fail to appreciate my situation, then you'll just have to continue to fail to appreciate my situation.

I've been an open book about this, and now others with the resources needed must rise to cover the story with their "original" efforts - hopefully made highly concise by the road map I drew in this post, and in the earlier one below.
-30-

No comments: